5 Kasım 2015 Perşembe

Arresting the Moment

As i'm still making researches about these topics, i've noticed that my continuing paintings do not completely relate with the term stillness, in the way i wrote at the previous posts. I get inspired from still moments, but i'm more into the distortion of perception and creating my own reflections on the painting, more than letting the viewer to have chance to reflect. I like the idea of holding on to that particular moment in the painting and arrest it in my own terms. There is still an essence of stillness but it's just a base of what is coming next.

One of the things that inspired me the most during this research was the movie '3 women' by Robert Altman. The movie has a dreamy atmosphere which is filled with a disturbing stillness and illogical details that can only be perceived when seeing a dream. The movie is mainly about personalities merging with each other but i found all of these aspects really inspiring for my work. This means that i will have to add more terms into my research, like dreams and distortion. All of these terms has a lot to do with stillness, or arresting the moment in my case, in which stillness becomes a base for reflection of subconscious aspects. 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder